Renew Office 365 for home
Renew at office.com/renew. (This is the recommended method.)
Renewing online at office.com/renew is the easiest way to renew an Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal subscription. You don’t need to go to the store—you can renew either in person, or online.
By default, your subscription is set up for recurring billing, but if you prefer to renew manually, first complete the steps below and then turn recurring billing off for Microsoft office 365 Renew Subscription.
- Go to Office.com/renew.
- Choose the subscription you want to renew and then choose one of the following:
Renew now to pay now for a full year of Office 365.
Renew with a monthly subscription for $X.XX per month to pay for a month at a time.
- Your Renew Microsoft account can have only one active Office 365 subscription. If you order more than one subscription on https://office.com/renew and associate multiple subscriptions with the same Microsoft account, you’re extending the amount of time for that Microsoft account, not increasing the number of Office installs or amount of online storage you get. You can renew and extend the duration of an Office 365 subscription for a maximum of 5 years.
- Want to switch to a different subscription when you renew? For example, do you want to switch from Office 365 Personal to Office 365 Home? Choose the subscription that you want to switch to.
- Review your shopping cart and choose Checkout.
- On the next page, sign in with the Microsoft account that you use with Office 365.
- Review your order and then choose Renew subscription.
Tip: If the payment method you have on file has expired, or you want to change it, choose Change. You can add a new payment method or edit the one you’ve used before.
- Choose Manage subscription to go to your Microsoft account, Services & subscriptions page.
When you place your order, your payment method is charged right away, and the expiration date is extended for either a month or a year, depending on what you chose.
After you’ve renewed, in the future, you will be set up for recurring billing and your payment method will be charged on the date noted, unless you cancel your subscription or turn off recurring billing before that date.
Renew using a product key that you bought in a store.
You can renew by going to a retail store (in-person or online) and buying a subscription to Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal. You’ll receive a 25-character product key, which you can use to renew at office.com/setup.
Important: Your Microsoft account can have only one active Office 365 subscription. If you enter more than one product key at office.com/setup, you’re extending the amount of time for that Microsoft account, not increasing the number of Office installs or amount of online storage you get. You can renew and extend the duration of an Office subscription for a maximum of 5 years. For more information, see “Frequently asked questions” on Office.com/renew.
- If you have a physical box or card, look inside for your 25-character product
If you didn’t get a physical box or card, check your email for a receipt that includes the product key.
The product key is a combination of letters and numbers in this format:
If you have a physical box or card, the product key might be concealed with silver foil, which you scratch off to reveal the product key.
- Go to Office.com/setup and, if prompted, sign in using the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Office 365 subscription.
- Enter the 25-character product key. When you selecting your country or region, we recommend that you choose the country or region where you live or do your banking.
- Follow the steps to complete the renewal process.
Your subscription is renewed and the new expiration date appears. Did you have any problems renewing? If you still facing any trouble, check for the latest error section below or contact Microsoft Support.